Perfect for lunch or a light dinner, Joe's homemade Beetroot & Crumbled Cheese Tart is best enjoyed with a green side salad.
Ingredients 🗒- to share between 4
- ½ sheet rolled Plant based puff pastry (we recommend Jus-rol as plant-based)
- 100g sliced vegan cheese (we used Violife hard cheese)
- 200g whole cooked beetroot - sliced thinly
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 Orange zest and small thyme sprigs
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Sprinkle Sea salt
- Sprinkle Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Cut the puff pastry into a sheet
- Place on a baking tray with parchment on the bottom and top and then place a heavy pan on top to keep the pastry from raising in the middle
- Add in for 12 minutes
- Remove the pan and parchment on top and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lay the cheese inside the middle. (save some cheese to garnish) Then add the sliced beetroot over the cheese. Drizzle a little oil over the top.
- Add back in the oven for 10 minutes
- While it’s in the oven. Wash the rocket leaves and dress with some olive oil.
- Once the cheese has melted and the sides are nicely golden brown and add some thyme sprigs & orange zest around the top. Add some rocket salad over the top.
- Slice and share