Dress to impress 💛
Brioche Crusted Mushrooms with Asparagus & Hollandaise
Makes: for 2
10 Asparagus 1 tbsp butter 3 tbsp water pinch Fine salt
10 Button Mushroom 1 vegan Croissant - 1 clove garlic - finely chopped 1tbsp olive oil
For hollandaise: 80g butter 10g flour 100ml plant cream 3 tbsp water ½ juice lemon 1tbsp white wine vinegar ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 240c, gas mark 9.
- Carefully remove the stalks from button mushrooms. add the mushroom onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt & black pepper.
- Slice the brioche into pieces and add onto the other side of the baking tray.
- Add into the oven at 240c, gas mark 9, for 4 minutes.
- Remove the croissant and add the mushrooms back in or 5 minutes.
- If you have a food processor then add the brioche inside with the garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until a nice crumb has formed. Mix in 1 tbsp olive oil. Once the mushrooms are cooked. Add into the middle of them and into the oven for 3 mins 180c.
- For the hollandaise: melt the butter in a small pan and whisk in the flour. Add back to the heat for a minute to cook out the flour. Remove from the heat and add the soya cream and water. Whisk in the juice from ½ lemon, white wine vinegar and turmeric. Leave to the side.
- For the asparagus add into a large frying pan with the water and butter and cook on a high heat and reduce the water until the butter starts frying. This is your poached asparagus, Remove from the heat and plate up with the mushrooms over the top.
- Pour the hollandaise over the top - (if it starts to split then add a tsp of warm water and whisk well).