Cool nights (not just in terms of temperature) call for cheese, cheese and even MORE cheese. So much cheese you will dream about it.
Grab Honestly Tasty's Shamembert and ready yourself for a classic roast side dish, made better by Chef Joe: Broccoli & Cauli Cheese. This Shamembert actually melts.
🗒 Ingredients - side dish for 4 or a meal for 2
- ½ broccoli head - use the stalks
- ½ small cauliflower head - use the stalks
350ml almond milk (other plant-based milk can be used)
5g thyme sprigs
2 garlic cloves
30g plant Butter
80g shamambert chopped
1tbsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
80g Honestly Tasty's Shamembert slices to top off
Preheat oven to 180°C / fan 200°C
- For the bechamel: add the almond milk, thyme and crushed garlic in a pan. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat to infuse.
- For the veg: bring a pot of water to a boil. Prep the cauliflower and broccoli and add to the water. Boil for 2-3 minutes and drain into a colander. Cool down with running cold water and leave to the side once cool.
- For the bechamel: strain the infused milk into a jug removing the thyme and garlic. Wash the pan out and add the butter to melt on low heat. Once melted add in the flour and mix till it turns into a paste. Mix slowly on the heat to cook out the flour and then add in the milk slowly off the heat till you get a silky thick consistency.
- Add in the chopped @honestly.tasty Shamembert to melt followed by the dijon mustard and seasoning.
- Once melted, add the veg inside and mix well.
- Add the mix to a baking tray. Layer the slices of Shamambert on top of the mix.
- Add into the oven for 15 minutes then add under the grill for 5 minutes (or until the cheese starts to turn golden brown).
- Enjoy as a side or a meal.