Deck your halls (and stomach) with this savoury pull-apart tree masterpiece! Filled with creamy herb-y goodness and glazed with garlicky butter, all ready to dip in a tasty tomato sauce. It's the star of our Christmas spread.
If you weren't in the Christmas spirit, you definitely are now. Find the full recipe below 🎄
🗒 Ingredients - for 4-6
- 2 vegan croissant dough tubes
Cream cheese Filling:
- 500g vegan chive cream cheese - we used Nush
- 1tsp cracked Black pepper
- Parsley - chopped
- 100g Butter
- 5 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tin (400g) finely chopped tomato
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Red chilli - finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170c / gas mark 5
- Add the butter, chopped garlic and salt in a pan and melt on a low heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese with the black pepper and parsley.
- Open the tubes of croissant dough and roll out onto a floured board.
- Cut each one into 4 triangle pieces. Then, add a small tsp of cream cheese and roll.
- Do this for all the remaining ones and then shape into a christmas tree.
- Brush with half the garlic butter and add into the oven for 14 - 18 minutes.
- While in the oven add a tin of chopped tomatoes with the rest of the dip ingredients into a small pan and cook on a low heat until it thickens well.
- Once the balls are golden brown, remove from the oven and brush with the remaining garlic butter.
- Add onto the table with the tomato dip and share with friends and family.