🗒 Ingredients - for 5 pancakes
- 150g flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 4tbsp vegan yogurt
- 160ml plant milk
- 4tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 carrots or 3 very small ones - grated
- 2tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of chia seeds (optional)
- 200ml vegan whipping cream
- Sprinkle of icing sugar or caster sugar
- 1tbsp Vanilla paste
- Handful of walnuts
- Maple syrup
- Grate the carrots finely and squeeze using a clean kitchen towel to remove any excess water.
- Mix the whipped cream ingredients in a large bowl. Then, using electric or manual whisks, whisk until the cream becomes thicker with soft or medium peaks.
- Mix all the pancake ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat with a small nob of butter. Once warm, add a large spoon of the pancake mix.
- Cook the pancake on one side until it does't stick to the pan (around 1-2 minutes) and then flip to the other side. Let it cook until both sides are golden. Repeat with the rest of the pancake mix.
- Once the pancakes are ready, stack them on a plate, then add the cream on top.
- Add some walnuts and drizzle some maple syrup to taste.
- Finally, sprinkle a bit more cinnamon for an extra kick.