Tune in for the ultimate back-to-routine recipe series from Chef Joe - perfect recipes guaranteed to satisfy the whole family or, if you will, also your whole student flat. Neat. Today, we bring you this creamy, peppery, smoky, indulgent (and of course, vegan) CARBONARA. If you have been missing this classic staple dish in your diet or have simply not given it a try, it's now the time. Full recipe below👇️
🗒 Ingredients - serves 4
300-400g linguine pasta Salty boiling water
- Splash of sunflower oil
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 120g vegan bacon - chopped into pieces
- 400g chestnut mushrooms - finely sliced
- 1tsp garlic granules
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 250g plant cream
- 200ml pasta water
- 1 veggie stock cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan cheese topping
- Garlic bread
- Mixed leaf salad
- Bring a large pan of salty water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the pasta and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- For the sauce. Add a pan to medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and salt and cook until translucent. Then, add in the bacon pieces for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic granules and smoked paprika and cook for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms start to turn golden brown.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta in a colander. Save some water for the sauce. Leave the pasta to the side.
- Add in the cream, pasta water, stock cube and seasoning to taste.
- Bring the sauce to a boil. Once thickened, remove from the heat and add the pasta.
- Mix well and serve with the recommended sides above🍝