Ingredients (Makes 2 HUGE Pan Cakes)🌱
- 120g self-raising flour
- 20g potato starch
- 40g caster sugar
- 20g baking powder
- 1tsp table salt
- 180ml light canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 60ml aquafaba (no sodium chickpeas - chickpea water from the can)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the coconut milk with the cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Leave to thicken slightly.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add a well in the bowl and pour in the coconut milk. Fold together but make sure you do not over mix. (If it's lumpy that's fine)
- Beat the aquafaba with an electric whisk, until it froths, then add the cream of tartar. Whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add the aquafaba into the pan cake mix. For best results, Genty fold it in, to keep it light and fluffy.
- Place a non-stick pan on low heat. Add a small amount of sunflower oil to the pan.
- Line two 5 cm round rings with parchment paper. Add the rings into the pan and pour the mixture evenly between the 2 rings.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Once the pancakes start to look firmer on the top, carefully flip them over (we missed a couple of times) and cook for another 5-8 minutes on the stove.
- Enjoy with berries, maple syrup and icing sugar!