This is an energy-boosting meal perfect for any weekday and high in protein, fibre and iron.
Splash of sunflower oil
2 Large Shallots - small diced
1 carrot - small diced
2 garlic clove - finely chopped
1 small fresh ginger - finely chopped
1tbsp turmeric ground
1 tbsp ground coriander
½ tsp chilli flakes
1tsp white miso or veg cube
380g red split lentils (soaked for an hour or overnight)
250g plant cream
140g peanut butter (try using 100% peanuts)
cracked black pepper to taste
salt to taste
1 fresh lime
1 fresh lemon
20g fresh coriander
½ red chilli
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Wash and soak the red lentils
- Prepare the vegetables before you start and weight out the spices and peanut butter in a bowl
- Add the shallots and carrots into a wide pan with a splash of oil
- Cook until you have softened the onions
- Add the garlic and ginger into the pan and soften for a few minutes
- Add in the spices & miso in to toast off for 30 seconds
- Add the drained lentils
- Add in the water and reduce to a simmer.
- In the meantime, slice 1 aubergine into 8 thinly pieces. Mix the oil, soy and smoked paprika in a small bowl
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray and add under the grill until it starts to crisp up.
- Once most of the liquid has been reduced add in the plant cream and peanut butter.
- Stir in well and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Bring to the boil and then add the zest and juice from both citrus fruits inside.
- Roughly chop the coriander and add half inside
- Slice the red chilli for garnish
- Add the xinxim on the plate followed by the aubergine and garnish with chilli and coriander
Don't have the time or energy to cook? No problem. Get Planty's Zesty Xinxim lovingly handmade by our chefs, delivered straight to your door to heat it in minutes.