It’s time to turn up the heat - it’s BBQ season! Chef Joe is dropping the best BBQ recipes for you to enjoy this summer.
To start with, get ready for this grilled baby gem with caesar dressing - you will not want to go another day without this. We bet you do not expect that effect from baby jem, but trust us, that dressing you see right there - it’s smoky, extra creamy, a bit cheesy, but most importantly DREAMY. We are still thinking about it.
Chef Joe's Grilled Baby Gem with Caesar Dressing recipe 👇
🗒 Ingredients for 2
- 2 Baby gem
- Pinch Salt
- 50ml Sunflower oil
- Vegan bacon - small diced pieces
- 4 heaped tbsp plant-based mayo
- Large pinch of cracked black pepper
- ½ clove garlic - finely grated
- Small handful of parmesan cheese (@nurishh.uk grated vegan parm is the best option)
- 1 tbsp capers - roughly chopped
You can use either a BBQ or a very hot oven for this recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 250C (or even hotter if possible) or heat the BBQ.
- Wash and cut the baby gem in half lengthways. Keep the root so it holds together.
- Add the salt and oil and rub into the baby gem
- Add onto the grill or in the oven on a tray
- While that is grilling, mix all the caesar dressing ingredients
- Once the baby gem is slightly grilled, take it off the heat and garnish with the caesar dressing 🥬