Fit for a Queen and tea party 🫖 With its light and creamy texture and citrus notes, you can't let your guests (or even just yourself) miss out on this Lemon Trifle over the Jubilee weekend!
Chef Joe's Lemon Trifle recipe 👇
🗒 Ingredients - 2 individual cups
- 100g Vegan sponge (a dry sponge is the best option)
Orange & Lemon jelly:
- 1/2 juice and zest lemon
- 1/2 juice and zest of an orange
- 15g sugar
- 50ml water
- 2g Vege-gel
- 200ml Vegan vanilla custard
- ¼ juice of a lemon
- 2g Vege-gel
- 100ml plant whipping cream
- 20g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Dice the sponge and press it to the bottom of the glass
- To make the jelly, add the juice and zest of both the orange and lemon into the pan and heat up.
- Add the sugar to the pan.
- Add the Vege-gel and water together and mix well to dissolve. 5. Add into the pan and boil
- Add into a bowl and cool down slightly. Once it's cooled add the first layer into the glass and add it to the fridge to set.
- To make the lemon custard, add all the ingredients into a small pan, mix well and place on medium heat. Stir well so it doesn't catch on the bottom. Once it starts to boil, remove it from the heat and cool down till warm. Pour into the glass and set in the fridge for the last layer.
- Whip the plant cream with the sugar and vanilla essence.
- Add it into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Once the custard has set in the glass, add the whipped cream on top and some sliced strawberries. Add into the fridge for a few hours to set well and enjoy.