Our head chef Joe is back with another recipe today: mini doughnut cereal 🍩. This could be the absolute best way to start your day. If you find a better way, please let us know.
- 25g vegan butter
- 100ml almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 125g self-raising flour
- 30g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 50g icing sugar
- 1tbsp water
- ½ tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp Pink colouring
- Mini sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a flat baking tray with parchment.
- Place the wet ingredient in a small pan until the butter melts, then cool down.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and add into the wet mix.
- Mix well until you get a smooth and thick consistency.
- Add the mixture into a piping bag. Cut off the end with scissors (only cut a small hole as you want to keep the doughnuts as small as possible.
- Pipe small circles around the lined baking tray until the mix is empty.
- Place in the oven for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the icing, mix all the ingredients into a pan and heat up until thick. Cool down and place over the doughnuts. Add some sprinkles on top before the icing sets.
- When the doughnuts have cooled, add them to a bowl, then it’s up to you to decide on the rest! Oat milk, agave syrup, berries, and dark chocolate curls all work great 👌.
Post and tag us in any of your attempts! You deserve a treat.