Today it's sunny with a chance of sprinkles so we're giving you the inside scoop (sorry): how to make a delicious plant-based vanilla ice cream at home 🍦
This is a really simple recipe and one of my favourites, so hopefully you enjoy this too! We created this handy recipe video, but all ingredients and method are listed below as well.
- 600ml coconut milk (no low fat)
- 2 tsp of corn flour
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod - seeds and pod
- Add all of the ingredients to a pan then bring to the boil and simmer.
- Once thickened. Add to a shallow tin and place in the freezer until it has fully set.
- Remove from the freezer, cut into small pieces and place in a food processor. Blitz until you have a smooth ice cream consistency.
- Enjoy it on its own or with fresh berries and chopped hazelnuts.