Ingredients (to share for 2) 🌱
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 2 brown onions
- A few sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- a sprig of thyme
- Sage (save leaves for garnish)
- Salt & black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp smoked liquid
- 600ml boiled water
- Pumpkin seeds used from the pumpkin
- 50g mixed nuts or seeds
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle of ground cumin
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan & boil the kettle.
- Take the top off the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds, wash off the excess flesh and place into a pan. Bring to the boil for 1 minute. Drain and dry on a tea towel.
- Scoop out as much pumpkin as you can in the middle without breaking the outside shell as this is your bowl.
- Add oil and salt in the middle and place in the oven at 200C for 30 minutes.
- Start to dice all the veg into 1cm dices for the soup. Mix into a baking tray with crushed garlic cloves, a sprinkle of thyme sprigs, sage stems, salt and pepper, smoked paprika & sunflower oil.
- Add into the oven for 35 minutes until nicely coloured and soft.
- Pumpkin granola: mix all granola ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the 600ml of boiled water, miso and smoked liquid together in a jug.
- Remove the pumpkin and the veg from the oven and add the granola in one of the trays with parchment paper for 6 minutes at 200C.
- Add all the veg into a blender with the miso stock. Scoop some more soft pumpkin into the blender (if possible).
- Blitz until reaching a nice consistency. Season to your taste. Add into the pumpkin bowl with the spiced granola, some sliced chilli and sage pieces.
- Don't throw the pumpkin. Use our previous recipes for the next day 🎃