Ingredients 🌱 - makes 4-6 portions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash - de-seeded & cut in half lengthwise
- 260g plant-based mince
- 2 red onion - finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin drained chickpeas
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 Cooked rice packet
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli (remove top but keep the seeds)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- 2 tbsp plain soya yoghurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g Breadcrumbs
- 150g Plant based cheese - grated
- 30g Chopped chives
Preheat the oven to 200C
- Add the halved butternut squash onto a tray. Massage with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add into the oven for 45mins to 1 hour.
- Add the plant-based mince into a hot frying pan with a splash of sunflower oil. Fry until crispy, and add into a plate to one side.
- Add another splash of sunflower oil into the pan, add the red onion and fry on a medium heat until softened.
- Add all the paste ingredients together in a food processor, and blitz until smooth.
- Add the paste in the pan with the onions and cook-off for 5 mins. Add the crispy mince back into the pan, with the chopped tomatoes & the chickpeas. Bring to boil & cook on a low for 15-20 mins.
- Make the guac by halving the avocado & putting the flesh into the bowl with the lemon, yoghurt and seasoning. Smash with a fork and add into a ramekin.
- Once the sauce is thickened, add in the cooked rice inside. Fold it in. If it's a little dry, add a dash of water.
- Once the squash is roasted & tender. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Add the filling inside the roasted squash, making sure it's compact. Sprinkle over breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
- Add into the oven at 180C for 15 mins if the mix & squash is warm. 35 mins if cold.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the chopped chives. Serve with the guacamole on top.
- Enjoy 🔥